Adventures in Drool: When there's pink in your eye
Sung to the tune of "That's Amore":
When there's pink in your eye
And you just want to cry
Yes, droolers, as you have likely guessed, pink eye has descended on our house. And, it is heartrending.
Droolface wakes up with his eyes glued shut with the yuckiest gook ever. Then we have to clean out his eyes and somehow (magically) get the drops in his eyes.
Any suggestions on getting a toddler to sit still while putting in drops?
It is a very sad time in our house. On top of pink eye, Droolface also has another ear infection! Poor little guy, but he's a trouper and keeps his chin up. He is so valiant in his efforts to continue having fun in spite of his pain that it dawns on me that the rest of us should do the same.
The world is often a dangerous, scary and sad place; but being sad and scared is no way to live. We need to keep our collective chins up and do what we can to make this world a better place.
I know that sounds all saintly and perhaps, impossible, but we should at least try.
Here are 10 easy ways to make the world a better place:
• Say thank you, please, I’m sorry and pay compliments.
• Hug your parents.
• Pay it forward. For every time someone does you a favor, do one for someone else; even if they don't ask.
• Join the PTA, or an organization that helps kids, animals, humans, etc. Do something that makes a difference in your community.
• Plant edible schoolyards. Or a community garden.
• Support independent businesses in your area.
• Offer to trade babysitting hours with your children’s friends.
• Compost. Recycle. Reuse. Reduce. Repurpose. Restore.
• Visit museums and cultural centers and be enhanced by the richness of these experiences.
There is a lot we can learn from our children - be sure to pay attention enough to learn what he already knows.
Have a great week droolers! Stay away from that dreaded pink eye!
Send comments or suggestions to email@example.com.