As an Animal Advocate & Rescuer, my New Year Wish to help homeless animals ---
(1) My wish for the New Year is that we are able to rescue & allow the owners to reclaim their lost dogs from Kent County from *un- Safe Haven* Sussex County since they took over the Animal Control. If you are a Kent County resident who lost your dog since 7/1/12, your dog may be inhumanely warehoused in crates & kennels all over the state. Safe Haven is hoarding/warehousing lost dogs at The Animal Inn, Delmarva Pet Resort, All Aboard & Safe Haven. We want to help you find your dog since Safe Haven did not make that possible when your dog "went missing." You have a right to demand to be able to "look" for your dog in any of these kennels.
(2) My wish is that every State & County create an aggressive Spay/Neuter program funded by tax-payers, that's right funded by tax-payers & donors. People are paying out of their taxes to ............. catch them, house them, vet them, kill them, dispose of their bodies. Doesn't it make more sense to divert a % of those funds so we won't have to in the coming year of 2013 to continue: ............ to catch them, house them, vet them, kill them, dispose of their bodies.
We've been doing it since the beginning to time - how's it been working?
(3) My wish is that for all those on the "Delaware Animal Welfare Task Force" can humble themselves enough to KNOW that you need experienced professional Animal Control/Care Officers on the committee. Their experience will actually help the animals ---------- rather then what happens here in Delaware (and across the country) where non-animal welfare "feel-gooders" are deciding & creating laws that can not be enforced & have no actual value to the animals they were designed to help.
(4) My wish is that all states create stronger laws & punishment to meet the crime to those who inflict pain & suffering to helpless animals such as what happened to Hercules. The NJSPCA Animal Cops handled his case & his owner was promptly found guilty & he now lives with his new Mom Terry --
(5) My extra wish is that No-Kill Delaware & the National No-Kill Movement --- lead by Nathan Winograd --- ceases to exist when everyone finally understands that if you want to be able to say "No Kill" yet Spay/Neuter isn't your #1 priority -- this has no chance of actually --- ever in a million years --- of helping the animals that they *say* they care about.
Recent Blog Posts (1 - 1)
By Marleen Oetzel - Jul 26I really believe this is up to us, animal lovers to bring this to an end for the sake of those poor animals. They have been tortured long enough. ...