Ask fitness centers to join SilverSneakers
We are writing this letter to encourage everyone to urge the health clubs in Sussex County to participate in the SilverSneakers Fitness Program.
SilverSneakers is a fun, energizing program that helps older adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events. Health plans around the country offer this award-winning program (to individuals?) who are eligible for Medicare or to group retirees.
SilverSneakers provides a fitness center membership to any participating location across the country. The great benefits include:
• access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities
• customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
• health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
• a specially trained program advisor at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers and help you get started
• member-only access to online support that can help you lose weight, quit smoking or reduce stress.
Unfortunately, the closest participating locations are Rio Grande, N.J. (23 miles away) and Delmar (32 miles away).
Please run (or walk briskly) to your health club and request that they participate in the SilverSneakers Fitness Program.
Bill Graff and Jeff Schuck