At the theater: Local movie listings
Movie listings include those of the Movies at Midway. Times and listings may change.
• The Loft: Five married guys conspire to secretly share a penthouse loft in the city--a place where they can carry out hidden affairs and indulge in their deepest fantasies. But the fantasy becomes a nightmare when they discover the dead body of an unknown woman in the loft, and they realize one of the group must be involved. Rated R.
• Project Almanac: A group of teens discover secret plans of a time machine, and construct one. However, things start to get out of control. Rated PG-13.
• Black or White: A grieving widower is drawn into a custody battle over his granddaughter, whom he helped raise her entire life. Rated PG-13.
• Whiplash: A promising young drummer enrolls at a cut-throat music conservatory where his dreams of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a student's potential. Rated R.
• Strange Magic: Goblins, elves, fairies and imps, and their misadventures sparked by the battle over a powerful potion. Rated PG.
• The Boy Next Door: Shortly after her divorce, a woman falls for a younger man who just moved in across the street, though their torrid affair takes an obsessive, dangerous turn. Rated R.
• Mortdecai: Juggling angry Russians, the British Mi5, and an international terrorist, debonair art dealer and part time rogue Charlie Mortdecai races to recover a stolen painting rumored to contain a code that leads to lost Nazi gold. Rated R.
• Birdman: A washed-up actor who once played an iconic superhero must overcome his ego and family trouble as he mounts a Broadway play in a bid to reclaim his past glory. Rated R.• Paddington: Rated PG.
• American Sniper: Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle's pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and turns him into a legend. Back home to his wife and kids after four tours of duty, however, Chris finds that it is the war he can't leave behind. Rated R.