Bacon Salt Hickory Bacon Cookies
By PEPPERS | Mar 18, 2014
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 dashes Bacon Salt Hickory (Click To BUY)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Fry bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels, and cool completely.
- Into a large mixing bowl, place the flour, butter or margarine, egg, Bacon Salt Hickory (Click To BUY), and heavy cream. Using the mixer's hook attachment, mix the contents of the bowl together until combined; then transfer the dough to the counter, and quickly mix with your hands. Knead in cooled bacon pieces and pepper.
- Roll up the dough into a log, to a diameter of about 1 1/2 inches. Wrap in aluminum foil, and refrigerate for 2 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove foil, cut dough roll into slices, and place slices on greased baking sheet. Brush each slice with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until brown. Remove to a wire rack until cooled completely.
Click to check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/