Black Widow Alligator Chili Recipe
By PEPPERS | May 17, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 pounds ground alligator meat
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle tomato-vegetable juice cocktail (such as V8®)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Desert Creatures Black Widow's Kiss X-TRA Hot (Click To BUY)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the green bell pepper and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high heat and stir in the ground alligator.
- Cook and stir until the meat is crumbly, and evenly browned. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato-vegetable juice cocktail, black beans, kidney beans, and chipotle chile.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, smoked paprika, celery salt, ground ginger, salt, pepper & Desert Creatures Black Widow's Kiss X-TRA Hot (Click To BUY). Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring in water if the chili becomes too thick.