Cackalacky Cheer-Can Chicken
By PEPPERS | Jan 05, 2014
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 12-ounce can Cheerwine soft drink
- 1 Jar Cackalacky® Sweet Cheeerwine Sauce
- If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to allow an area for indirect cooking. If using a gas grill, leave one burner off and set to medium-high heat. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Drink half of the can of Cheerwine and place with can (with remaining contents) on a solid surface. Grabbing the chicken by both legs, push the large bird cavity over the can. Then, transfer the chicken to your grill and place in the cooler portion of the grate, balancing the bird on the can and using the two legs as stabilizers.
- Cook the chicken over medium-high, indirect heat, with the grill cover on, for approximately 1¼ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F in the breast, or, until the thigh juices run “clear.”
- In last 15-20 minutes of cooking, baste generously with Cackalacky® Sweet Cheeerwine Sauce until well coated and caramelized. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.