Cheerwine Barbeque Chicken
By Peppers | Jan 07, 2014
- 1 T Butter
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 c Ketchup
- 1 c Cackalacky Famously Original Sweet Cheerwine Sauce (click to buy)
- 3 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 c A-1 Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 2 T White Vinegar
- 7 Lb Chicken Thighs
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in butter for a minute or so.
- Whisk in ketchup, Cheerwine, Worcestershire sauce, A-1, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dry mustard and vinegar and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer 20 minutes (until sauce thickens).
- Let cool and refrigerate to chill.
- Combine sauce and chicken in a storage container, making sure chicken is completely coated.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Cook in 350 degree oven until an internal temperature of 170 degrees is reached (about an hour) OR grill on charcoal or propane grill at medium heat 15-20 minutes (with either method, baste with remaining sauce halfway through) until hitting that internal temperature of 170 degrees.