Club Volleyball team tryouts coming up Dec 8th!
Eastern Shore Elite Volleyball Academy's Club season is right around the corner! A parent interest meeting is being held Thursday November 29th at 7:00pm at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center. Tryouts will be held December 8th.
Eastern Shore Elite Volleyball Academy is committed to providing a competitive athletic experience that will enhance social development, contribute to mental and physical health, and teach the core values of teamwork, responsibility, self-discipline and self-motivation to all athletes whether they are experienced college bound players or beginners. ESEVA is dedicated to providing the support of quality coaches that will develop individual athletes into competitive teams.
Eastern Shore Elite Volleyball Academy is devoted to giving all its athletes the opportunity to maximize their volleyball potential while at the same time, teaching and enforcing basic fundamental volleyball skills. ESEVA will provide a solid foundation, which will enable young people to play the lifetime sport of volleyball long into adulthood. ESEVA encourages parent/guardian involvement along with good sportsmanship while it seeks to develop the total athlete.
Coach Chris Emge, head Varsity Volleyball Coach at James M. Bennett High School, as come on board this year as our new Club Director. Coach Emge began playing competitive indoor volleyball as a defensive specialist on the Salisbury University Men's Club Team. Before his coaching career began, he spent two seasons as a high school referee. He began coaching in 2001 at Wicomico High School where he spent three season as an assistant coach. While working on his Master's degree, he served as a graduate assistant coach at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Upon receiving his Master's Degree in Education, Coach Emge took the head coaching position at James M. Bennett High School. In his 8 seasons at JMB, Coach Emge has compiled a record of 99-30 which includes three trips to the Bayside Conference Championship (winning in '06 and '12). In addition to coaching a successful high school program, he is the head instructor and referee of volleyball for Wicomico County Recreation & Parks. Coach Emge spends most of his summers coaching at various collegiate camps including University of Delaware, Penn State University, and University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Coach Emge is a clinician for High Peaks Volleyball and a member of the AVCA and USAV.
- Tryout Registration: Tryouts will be held Saturday, December 8 from 10am - 1pm and/or Sunday, December 9 from 5-7:30pm. There is a $20 tryout fee paid in advance or a $25 fee paid the day of. All girls mus complete CHRVA membership registration prior to tryouts. To attend tryouts, each players must have USAV Membership card, USAV Medical Release Form, Registration paperwork, Copy of player's birth certificate, and signed Player & Parent Code of Ethics.
- Program Fee:
- Travel - $750
- Taxi - $150
- Payments: Payments are spread out in monthly incremements
- Travel - $375 is due December 31, 2012
- Taxi - $75 is due December 31, 2012
- Team options:
- Travel Squad – 2 practices per week, tournaments, and uniform
- Taxi Squad – 1 practice per week (no tournament travel or uniform)
- Details: Coaching staff includes college coaches, high school coaches, and former and current collegiate volleyball players. All Travel teams will be competing throughout Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia. Travel will be the responsibility of each participant.
- Contact: Email Program Director at email@example.com, or call 410-548-4900 ext. 108 or Club Director, Chris Emge at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 410-430-8484