Contact: Cheryl Wood
33106 Jolyns Way
Lewes, DE 19958
Saturdays at 6:30 pm
Sundays at 8:45 and 10:30 am
Conley's Vision Statement
Conley's United Methodist Church aspires to be a loving, caring, Christ-centered fellowship dedicated to reaching out and bringing others to the Lord Jesus. Led by the Holy Spirit we invite all to become disciples, transformed by Christ's love. We will hold ourselves accountable to God and each other.
Our Core Values
When we live into our vision for mission, we remember we are following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ as His disciples:
- We are a praying people. We acknowledge our dependency on God and God's love. We seek to discern God's plan for us in prayerful dialogue, putting our gratitude, remorse, and concerns into words and listening for God's response with our hearts, minds, and souls.
- We are a welcoming people. We reach out in Christ's name and invite others in "as is." We value the individual and the unique array of gifts each embodies. We work to eliminate all barriers that exclude people rom full participation in our life together.
- We are a storied people. We live with a faith - shaped and formed by our common story in the Bible. Its truths interact with our own life stories and move us into a richer, deeper awareness of the abundance of life offered by God through Jesus Christ. We tell our stories again and again and again.
- We are a corporate people. We strive to create an open circle of community. We remember who and whose we are through a life of shared liturgy. We listen to each other as we develop models for action based upon thoughtful inquiry and necessary advocacy. We pray together and for each other and for the our world.
- We are a connected people. We tie local church to local church in the annual conference and around the globe to carry out God's mission.
- We join together as laity and clergy to do ministry as a team. Connectional bonds remind us of God's universal church and link us in a global network of interdependent relationship so that we can live as Christ's body in the world.
- We are a multi-cultured, multi-racial people. We cherish our racial and ethnic diversity and the opportunity this affords each of us to enjoy a multi-cultural heritage. We work persistently to overcome racism in our midst and in our social environment.
- We are a changing, learning people. We experience our world of continuous change as a call to imaginative participation in God's ongoing creation. We seek to understand the systems at work in our corporate life and to learn ways to continually improve them and align them with God's purposes, through sanctifying grace.
- We are a boldly serving people. We seek through the power of the Holy Spirit, to be prophetic, foretelling and living into God's desire for justice and peace, on behalf of our communities and the soul of the world. We carry the towel and basin as servants (but not in servitude) wherever there is need. Through the anointing of the Holy Spirit we can boldly serve Christ in every circumstance of life.
- We are a Biblical people. We acknowledge the Holy Scriptures as the primary source of guidance for faith and life in the Kingdom of God.
- We are a Spirit-led people. We acknowledge the absolute necessity of the Holy Spirit's presence and power in every aspect of our life together under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.