Delaware Public Health call center storm recovery support line opens Oct. 30
Residents with questions about flood recovery can contact the Delaware Division of Public Health’s Hurricane Sandy call center at 866-408-1899. The call center is scheduled to be open Tuesday, Oct. 30 noon to 4:30 p.m., and 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31, to Friday, Nov. 2. Hours may be subject to change due to call volume and storm conditions. For updated call center hours, follow Twitter #SandyDe or #StormDE.
DPH operators will be able to answer questions about flooded wells, drinking water safety, food safety, mold and other issues; including
• How do you find out if your food is safe after a power outage or a flood?
• What to do with a flooded well?
• How do I disinfect my water?
• How do you prevent mold after a flood?
• What is the safest way to clean up a flooded basement?
• How do you avoid indoor air quality problems?
• What do I need to do to reopen a food establishment after flooding?
For immediate information, visit www.Delaware.gov for fact sheets on coping with flooding.
Spanish speaking operators will be available. Individuals seeking TTY services should call 7-1-1 or 800-232-5460.