Delmarva Power customers asked to prepare for a significant weather event
The National Weather Service predicts the potential for the Delmarva Peninsula to experience a significant weather event Thursday, June 13, including severe thunderstorms with heavy rain, damaging winds, large hail and possible tornadoes.
Delmarva Power is carefully monitoring weather forecasts and is talking with utility partners in the Midwest to see what kind of damage they are getting and what we might expect. They are sharing information with their mutual assistance partners and will request crews from other utilities as needed.
At present, they have available internal line personnel and contractors already working on their system performing reliability improvements. All Delmarva Power employees have a role during storms and are all gearing up for a response.
They also are making outbound calls today to customers enrolled in their Emergency Medical Equipment Notification Program to alert them that they should review their emergency plans and make preparations now in case they lose power.
They ask customers to:
• Check their emergency supply kits and be prepared in case they do lose power.
• Find tips on preparing for a storm at www.delmarva.com.
• Report any outages by calling 1-800-898-8045 (Kent and Sussex counties
• Going to www.delmarva.com
• Using their mobile app, available for download at www.delmarva.com/mobileapp.