Cape Gazette
http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/1234303

Fire breaks out at Just In Thyme restaurant

Accidental fire causes damage to second-floor apartment
Sep 02, 2014
Photo by: Chris Flood Fire crews from Rehoboth Beach and Lewes were called to a fire at Just In Thyme, located on the corner of Coastal Highway and Robinson Drive in Rehoboth Beach, around 1 p.m., Sept. 2. The fire began in a second-floor apartment and no injuries were reported.

Rehoboth Beach — Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company responded to a fire call at Just In Thyme restaurant in Rehoboth Beach at 1 p.m., Sept. 2.

The fire was in a second-floor apartment, and no injuries were reported.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office representative on the scene said the amount of damage is still to be determined, but there was nothing suspicious about the cause. He said more information will be released when the investigation is completed.

A woman who answered the restaurant's phone at 3:30 p.m. said they were waiting to assess the situation before determining if the restaurant would open tonight. She said the restaurant would definitely be open tomorrow, Sept. 3.

The Lewes Fire Department also responded.

Lewes Fire Department Deputy Fire Chief Gordon David and Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company volunteer Arnie Edelman watch Capt. Jason Stadler spray down the exterior walls and roof of the second-floor apartment. (Photo by: Chris Flood)
Water drips down the restaurant's red awning, and smoke left its mark on the doorway of the apartment where the fire broke out. (Photo by: Chris Flood)
Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.