First State offers energy-saving event Aug. 1 in Georgetown
On Friday, Aug. 1, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., First State Community Action Agency will host an energy saving educational community event at its Georgetown location, 308 N. Railroad Ave. Attendees will gain information on how to save energy and money as well as receive a no-cost Super Energy Saving Kit. Interested persons will be able to apply on-site for the Summer Cooling Assistance Program which provides an energy-efficient window AC to qualifying low-income households.
Persons interested in applying for the summer cooling program must bring the following:
• Photo I.D. for anyone in the home 18 and over
• Social Security cards for everyone in the home
• Birth certificate for anyone under 18
• Proof of Income for everyone in the home
• Current electric bill
• Lease if applicant is renter
• Written permission from landlord if applicant is renter
This community event is made possible through support of Office of Community Service, Delaware Department of Health and Social Services, Delaware Interfaith Power and Light, and Delmarva Power.
For more information about this event contact Charlie Kistler at 302-856-7761, Ext. 121.