Flame Of Thrones Evil Turkey
By Peppers | Sep 29, 2013
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1 (22 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 TBS Flame Of Thrones Hot Sauce
- roasting bag for a large turkey
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Stir together the onion, roasted red peppers, whiskey, and garlic and place this mixture inside the cavity of the bird. Mince chipotle peppers and Flame Of Thrones Hot Sauce in a food processor until about the consistency of spaghetti sauce. Rub half of the chipotles/hot sauce on the outside of the turkey, and place the rest inside the bird cavity. Place turkey in a roasting bag; close the bag according to the bag directions, and place onto a roasting pan.
- Bake the turkey in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 3 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the turkey from the oven, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.