Gator Ron's Mini Spicy Chicken Balls
By PEPPERS | Sep 14, 2013
- 2 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Gator Ron’s Spicy Angel Wing Sauce
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 1 Large Egg
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.Drizzle the vegetable oil into a 9×13” baking dish and use your hand to evenly coat the entire surface. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and Gator Ron’s Spicy Angel Wing Sauce in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat, whisking until the butter is melted and fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine the wing sauce mixture, ground chicken, egg, celery, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated. Roll the mixture into round, 3/4” balls, making sure to pack the meat firmly.
- Place the balls in the prepared baking dish, lining them up in even rows.Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through. A meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball should read 165°F.
- Allow the meatballs to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish before serving. They can be served with your favorite dipping sauce or with a warmed 1/2 and 1/2 combination of tomato puree and Gator Ron’s Spicy Angel Wing Sauce.