Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 Bacon Taco Recipe
By PEPPERS | Jul 06, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, divided
- 2 teaspoons Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 Southwest Habañero Sauce (Click To BUY)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 5 flour tortillas
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels, retaining the drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine beans, 1 teaspoon Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 Southwest Habañero Sauce (Click To BUY) and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until warmed, about 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir the cooked rice, 1 teaspoon Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 Southwest Habañero Sauce (Click To BUY) and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix in the reserved bacon drippings until evenly coated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush vegetable oil over each tortilla and arrange tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Bake tortillas in the preheated oven until warmed, about 5 minutes.
- Place black bean mixture, rice mixture, bacon, tomatoes, green bell peppers, and Cheddar cheese each in separate bowls; serve with tortillas.