Jamaican Veal Chops with Tomato-Orange-Basil
- 4 Veal Loin chops (6oz. each)
- 5 tbsp. Butter, divided
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 Cup Minced Shallots
- 2 tbsp. Minced Orange Peel, divided
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup chopped tomato, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Caribbean Sensation Key Lime Jerk Seasoning (click to buy)
- Fresh Basil Sprigs, for garnish
In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, wine, shallots and 1 tbsp. orange peel. Boil until mixture is reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 10 minutes. Add whipping cream and boil 1 more minute. Set sauce aside.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Season veal with salt and pepper, and sauté until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer veal to plates and keep warm. Reheat sauce over low heat. Whisk in remaining butter, and stir in tomato, basil,Caribbean Sensation Key Lime Jerk Seasoning (click to buy) and remaining orange peel. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle sauce over veal. Garnish with basil sprigs.