Jim Beam Spicy Bourban Chili
By PEPPERS | Mar 16, 2014
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- 1 stick butter
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 8-ounce can cut mushrooms, drained
- 8 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons Jim Beam Original Hot Sauce (Click To BUY)
- 1-1/4 ounce package chili seasoning mix
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 3/4 cup Jim Beam® Bourbon
- 2 16-ounce cans tomato sauce
- Brown ground chuck and minced garlic.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers, onion and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground chuck and garlic mixture to pot (DO NOT DRAIN).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except for the Jim Beam® Bourbon and beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Add the Jim Beam® Bourbon and kidney beans and simmer for 1/2 hour longer.
Click to check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/