Lynchburg Jack & Coke Burgers
By PEPPERS | Jul 12, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/
- 8 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Coca-Cola
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 bottle Lynchburg Tennessee Whiskey Jack In The Bean Sauce (Click To BUY)
- 8 slices applewood-smoked Cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels.
- Mix ground sirloin, whiskey, Worcestershire sauce, cola, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl until just combined. Shape meat mixture into 8 evenly sized, 1-inch thick patties. Make an indentation in the center of each patty with your thumb.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Arrange patties indented-side up on preheated grill. Cook burgers until hot and slightly pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Place a dime size amount of Lynchburg Tennessee Whiskey Jack In The Bean Sauce (Click To BUY) on burger and cover with a slice of Cheddar cheese on each burger for the last minute of cooking and top with 2 slices bacon. Place burgers on buns.