Marie Sharp's Exotic Watermelon Preserves Recipe
By PEPPERS | Jul 27, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/
- 2 pounds watermelon
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup Marie Sharp's Exotic Sauce (Click To BUY)
- 3 lemons - rinsed, sliced and seeded
- Remove the green rind of the melon, and dice the white part into small cubes, leaving the red flesh mostly intact. Remove seeds.
- In a heavy stockpot, combine 4 cups of the prepared watermelon, sugar Marie Sharp's Exotic Sauce (Click To BUY) and lemons. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and let the mixture boil slowly for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. The temperature of the mixture should be at 220 degrees F (105 degrees C) so the jam will set.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the jam into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.