Pappy's Hottest Ride In Town Stuffed Bacon & Onion BBQ Burger
By PEPPERS | Jun 14, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Pappy's Hottest Ride in Town Barbecue Sauce(Click To BUY)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, black pepper, Pappy's Hottest Ride in Town Barbecue Sauce(Click To BUY) and garlic powder using your hands. Taking a small handful at a time (approximately 1/4 pound), shape into 12 patties. Lay patties out on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap; place patties in the refrigerator.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Turn the heat down to medium and pan fry the onions in the remaining bacon drippings until soft and translucent and just beginning to brown. Mix together onions and bacon in a small bowl.
- Prepare a grill or large skillet for medium heat.
- As the grill heats, pull beef patties out of the refrigerator; top 6 of the patties with 1- 1/2 tablespoons of the bacon and onion mixture each, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top each with one of the remaining patties and press the edges together to seal.
- Grill or pan fry the stuffed and sealed patties until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve on hamburger buns topped with Pappy's Hottest Ride in Town Barbecue Sauce(Click To BUY).