PLANT-BASED CHALLENGE, DINNER #6
The countdown is on, as the challenge continues. Our goal has been to create a delicious, healthful, satisfying dinner for 2 each day of the week following these simple guidelines for whole food plant-based cooking and eating:
- Include vegetables, fruits, beans and whole grains every day
- Include greens everywhere possible (soups, salads, sauces, sandwiches, etc.)
- Include starches in every meal (potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain pasta, etc.)
- Minimize salt
- Avoid all added oil (no olive, coconut, canola, corn, peanut, etc.)
- Avoid all animal products (no meat, dairy, cheese, fish, poultry, etc.)
- Use nuts and seeds sparingly with the exception of chia and freshly ground flax seeds.
- Use fruit for dessert and as a whole food sweetener instead of sugar.
Dinner is served. It’s a portable salad bar:
- Assorted veggies—tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, onions, cukes, chick peas, beets
- Assorted greens
- Vinegar/salsa/mustard dressing
- Whole grain baguette
- Whole ripe, juicy peaches
No recipes needed. Keep it simple, colorful, and satisfying. Enjoy!