Polkamotion By The Ocean returns to Rehoboth Sept. 10-14Polka fans from across the country will be in town
The 35 Annual Polkamotion by the Ocean is set for Wednesday through Sunday, Sept. 10-14, as the festival celebrates its 11th year at the Rehoboth Beach Convention Center located at 229 Rehoboth Ave.
Polka fans from across the country will be in town to enjoy world-class polka music by the nation’s top polka bands. Here are the daily highlights for this year’s festivities:
• Wednesday, Sept. 10: The Polkamotion Open Scramble "Best Ball" Golf Tournament. This is a fun event for all skill levels and first-timers at Old Landing Golf Course in Rehoboth Beach. Make sure to pack a mini-cooler to stay hydrated and get there by 9 a.m. (tee time is 10 a.m.). Contact "Jolly Rich" Anton at 732-905-9454 to sign up and join in the fun.
That night, stop by the convention center at 7 p.m. for a Welcome Party with live music by Crabtown Sound. A $2 donation guarantees a great time to catch up with friends and drink $1 beers and cheap mixed drinks.
• Thursday, Sept. 11: Two great bands Polka Family and The Knewz kick things off in the convention center for Military Mania Night! Wear something that shows appreciation for the men and women who serve or served in the armed forces. Doors open at 5 p.m.; music and dancing from 6 to 10 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 12: The fun continues in the hall with the great sounds of the Eddie Forman Orchestra, The Beat, Polka Country Musicians and The Boys. It's Fabulous Fifties Night so break out the poodle skirts and "greaser" garb for a polka sock hop! Doors open at 3 p.m.; music and dancing from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 13: Stop by the new Greene Turtle location (formerly Irish Eyes Pub) at 52 Rehoboth Ave. for a special Polka DJ Party with Kevin & Bryan Kurdziel from 11 a.m. 2 p.m. The staff promises excellent service and drink and appetizer specials for Polkamotion fans! Then head over to the hall as The NuTones, Old School, Dennis Polisky and the Maestro's Men and The Knewz rock the stage from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 14: Fulfill a Sunday obligation in the hall by attending the Polka Mass at 11 a.m. Then take advantage of one of the best deals anywhere: four hours of polka/variety music by The Variety Tones from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., a complete Polish/American brunch, and unlimited beer and wine all for only $15!
Delicious homemade Polish food and favorite libations will be served in the convention center at reasonable prices throughout the festival for paid attendees (sorry, no take out).
For more information about Polkamotion by the Ocean, contact Mike Matousek at 410-729-9697 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For advance tickets contact Mike Ziemski at 410-654-4724. Go to www.polkamotion.com or www.rbpolka.com for more exciting details.