Quick & Thrifty Ways To Improve Your Rehoboth Beach Home's Curb Appeal
Have you ever heard the saying, "You never get a second chance for a first impression?" If you have a Rehoboth Beach home for sale, it is important to appreciate the significance a first impression has on your potential buyer.
When buyers drive up to your property and take their first look at your home, they will instantly be forming ideas about your house and how it might fit for their family. When you are trying to entice a buyer to make an offer on your house, you must consider the curb appeal - how your house looks from the outside, or while standing on the curb - of your home for sale.
In fact, some surveys show that curb appeal can affect a buyer's decision even more than price or square footage.
Below are seven simple and inexpensive things you can do to improve your home's curb appeal.
- Plant a few shrubs or decorative flowers in the front yard to bring color to your lawn.
- Is your front door looking a little worse for wear? Give it a fresh coat of paint or replace it with a new one.
- Keep your grass well watered so it appears green and lush.
- Remove anything your pet leaves lying around, such as bones, chew toys or droppings.
- Take a look at your gutters. If they look damaged or are hanging loose from the roof, be sure to have them repaired before showing the house.
- Clean up your flowerbeds by removing weeds and trimming overgrown plants.
- Add a bench, a garden ornament or a couple of beautiful pots to make your front yard more attractive.
These are just a few ways you can improve the curb appeal of your Rehoboth Beach home for sale and make a great first impression on buyers. A good next step for preparing your home for sale is inviting a trusted, licensed real estate professional to your home for a preview.
Contact a REALTOR® with Mann & Sons...we have considerable experience and can assist in planning your strategy to not only improve the curb appeal, but to also get top-dollar in the sale of your home.
Originally posted at Mann & Sons, Inc. REALTORS® - Rehoboth Beach Real Estate Blog