Summertime and the Selling Is...
By Lee Ann Wilkinson, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services | May 25, 2014
On our “beach calendar,” the summer season starts now: Memorial Day Weekend. Schools still have a few more weeks of classes, and the true start of the season is a little later in June; but around the Delaware beaches, it feels like SUMMER!
If you are looking to sell a home, now is definitely the time to make sure everything is in good shape. Here are a few tips to consider to help make selling “easy” (at least as easy as possible!):
1. Price: Make sure your house is priced accordingly if you want to sell quickly.
2. Disclosure: When listing your house with a Realtor, you will be asked to complete a standard Delaware “Seller’s Disclosure” form. Taking time to review and check every box will expedite your sale immeasurably and save you time and frustration once a contract comes in.
3. Flexibility: Consider some things you may compromise on, and know the absolute lowest price you would entertain. Also, consider negotiating housewares and fixtures that may appeal to prospective buyers, such as new drapes, custom blinds, that stylish dining room chandelier, even a new washer/dryer.
4. Clutter: A spotless, clutter-free home shows best. Remove any unnecessary papers and knick-knacks, then go back and do it again!
5. Incentive: If you are highly motivated and your house is not garnering the attention you expect, or if there is high competition in your neighborhood, consider offering an incentive like sharing the buyer’s closing costs.
6. Maintenance: Keeping your lawn cut and neat and allowing as much access as you can for showings will help your sale, too. It is a little tough this time of year if you entertain family and friends, but it will help during this prime buying season.
Lastly, and most importantly, enjoy your summer at the beach!
If you are considering selling and have questions about the market, what your home is worth, and how to best stage it for showings, please call us! The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group has a team of experienced professionals that are ready to help you make selling easy!
The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group
|8:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Ride for Delaware Hospice|
|10:00 AM - 1:00 PM||Mispillion Art League presents "How to Paint With Motion" with Anne Carroll|
|10:00 AM||Milton candidates' forum|
|1:00 PM - 4:00 PM||Grand Opening of The Wellness Center on Plantations Road|
|1:00 PM||ACDA Delmarva Beach Blast|
|1:00 PM - 4:00 PM||GRAND OPENING OF THE WELLNESS CENTER|
|1:30 PM||American Legion Bar Bingo|
|7:00 PM - 11:00 PM||AMVETS Music with DJ Jerry|
|Mar 01, 2015|
|10:00 AM||Unity of Rehoboth Beach presents discussion "Discover Healthy Living"|
|12:00 PM - 5:00 PM||Bridgeville VFD Annual Beef & Dumpling Spring Dinner|
|1:30 PM - 3:30 PM||11th Season of GriefShare Begins at Bethel UMC, Lewes|
|2:00 PM||American Legion Bar Bingo|
|4:00 PM - 7:00 PM||Spaghetti Dinner|
|4:00 PM - 7:00 PM||All You Can Eat spaghetti dinner to benefit New Zion AME Church|
|4:00 PM - 7:00 PM||Friends of the Lewes Public Library host British Supper|