Summertime and the Selling Is...
By Lee Ann Wilkinson, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services | May 25, 2014
On our “beach calendar,” the summer season starts now: Memorial Day Weekend. Schools still have a few more weeks of classes, and the true start of the season is a little later in June; but around the Delaware beaches, it feels like SUMMER!
If you are looking to sell a home, now is definitely the time to make sure everything is in good shape. Here are a few tips to consider to help make selling “easy” (at least as easy as possible!):
1. Price: Make sure your house is priced accordingly if you want to sell quickly.
2. Disclosure: When listing your house with a Realtor, you will be asked to complete a standard Delaware “Seller’s Disclosure” form. Taking time to review and check every box will expedite your sale immeasurably and save you time and frustration once a contract comes in.
3. Flexibility: Consider some things you may compromise on, and know the absolute lowest price you would entertain. Also, consider negotiating housewares and fixtures that may appeal to prospective buyers, such as new drapes, custom blinds, that stylish dining room chandelier, even a new washer/dryer.
4. Clutter: A spotless, clutter-free home shows best. Remove any unnecessary papers and knick-knacks, then go back and do it again!
5. Incentive: If you are highly motivated and your house is not garnering the attention you expect, or if there is high competition in your neighborhood, consider offering an incentive like sharing the buyer’s closing costs.
6. Maintenance: Keeping your lawn cut and neat and allowing as much access as you can for showings will help your sale, too. It is a little tough this time of year if you entertain family and friends, but it will help during this prime buying season.
Lastly, and most importantly, enjoy your summer at the beach!
If you are considering selling and have questions about the market, what your home is worth, and how to best stage it for showings, please call us! The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group has a team of experienced professionals that are ready to help you make selling easy!
The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group
|All Day||Musical weekend with organist Robert Nicholls|
|9:00 AM||Sea Witch Halloween & Fiddlers Festival|
|9:00 AM - 10:00 AM||Overeaters Anonymous meetings|
|9:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Holiday Craft Fair|
|9:00 AM||Columbiettes Holiday Craft Fair|
|9:30 AM - 11:30 AM||Using Art to teach Visualizing! with Jenny Klein|
|10:00 AM - 11:30 AM||KIDS Discovery Hike,|
|10:00 AM - 5:00 PM||28th Annual Christmas Gift and Craft Show|
|1:30 PM - 3:30 PM||American Legion Bar Bingo|
|2:00 PM||Coolspring Presbyterian Church celebrates 288 years of worship|
|3:00 PM||Pipe Organ Spook-Tacular|
|3:30 PM||VFW Bar Bingo|
|4:00 PM||American Legion Grilled Cheese & Soup and salad|
|4:00 PM - 8:00 PM||American Legion Riders Shrimp Night|
|4:00 PM - 7:00 PM||Chicken & dumpling dinner|
|5:00 PM - 10:00 PM||Country Barbecue and Auction|
|6:00 PM||Chicken and dumpling dinner|
|7:00 PM - 11:00 PM||AMVETS Karaoke with Crystal Clear|
|7:00 PM||Ad Hoc Radio Mystery Company presentation Love, Honor or Murder,|