T-Rev Taco Pizza Recipe
By PEPPERS | May 22, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/
- 10 fluid ounces warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons T-Rev's Original Chili Spice Mix (Click To BUY)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Add the water, salt, oil, flour and yeast to your bread machine in the order listed. Select the dough cycle. Check your dough after it has been mixing a few minutes. If it is too dry and not mixing, add water 1 tablespoon at a time, until it is mixing and has a nice dough consistency. You want the dough to be pliable but not sticky.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, and 3/4 of the package of taco seasoning mix. Stir in T-Rev's Original Chili Spice Mix (Click To BUY); set aside. In another bowl, mix refried beans, salsa, and onion; set aside. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until evenly brown; drain excess fat. Season with the remaining 1/4 package of taco seasoning and a small amount of water. Simmer a few minutes, then remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- When the dough cycle is finished, remove the dough from the machine. Divide the dough in half, and pat into two 12 inch pans. Spread a layer of the bean mixture on, then a layer of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with seasoned beef and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Turn pizzas halfway through baking.