Tears Of The Sun Sweet & Sour Tenders Recipe
By PEPPERS | Sep 02, 2014
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons High River Sauces Tears Of The Sun HotSauce (Click To BUY)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour cornstarch and garlic salt into a large resealable bag.
- Dip chicken pieces in beaten egg. Remove and drop chicken into cornstarch mixture and seal the bag.
- Shake the chicken in the bag until all pieces are fully coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken in heated oil until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir vinegar, sugar, chicken broth, High River Sauces Tears Of The Sun HotSauce (Click To BUY), ketchup, soy sauce, and salt together in a bowl.
- Arrange the browned chicken in a baking dish; pour the vinegar mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 40 minutes.