By Peppers | Jul 06, 2013
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 gloves Garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup Sir Fartalot’s Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups refried beans
- 1 (18 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, divided
- 1 cup chopped lettuce, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ground beef, 1/2 cup chopped onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, breaking it apart as it cooks, about 8 minutes; drain excess grease. Mix in half the can of diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Sir Fartalot’s Hot Sauce chili powder, paprika, oregano, 3/4 teaspoon of cumin, and black pepper. Bring meat mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Heat refried beans and 1/4 teaspoon cumin in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep beans warm. Mix remaining half of diced tomatoes, beef gravy, and enchilada sauce in a separate saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Place tortillas onto a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel; microwave tortillas until they are soft and warm, about 30 seconds. Place a warmed tortilla onto a work surface and spoon 1/4 the beef mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. Layer 1/4 the bean mixture on top of beef layer and spread 1/4 cup of Cheddar cheese over the bean layer. Fold right and left edges of the tortilla over the ends of the filling and roll up tortilla to make a burrito. Place burrito seam side down into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas to make 4 burritos.
- Pour gravy sauce over the burritos in the baking dish; top with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake burritos in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted, 15 to 20 minutes. To serve, place each burrito on a serving plate and spoon sauce from baking dish over the burritos. Top each burrito with 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon chopped onion and chopped tomato, and 1/4 cup of chopped lettuce.