Cape Gazette
http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/1205434

Whites Chapel dedicates historical marker

Jul 05, 2014
Photo by: Deny Howeth Parishioners gather in front of Whites Chapel, June 29, to dedicate the new historical marker.

Whites Chapel U.M. Church marked 175 years of continual service with a historical marker to formally present the historical significance of the chapel.

The first church structure was built in 1842; the second, built in 1872, was destroyed by fire in 1920. The present structure has been in continual service since 1921.

 

 

Listening as the Rev. Everett Issacs offers a blessing for the ceremony are (l-r) Howard Millman Jr.; Sen. Ernie Lopez, R-Lewes; and Stephen Marz, director Delaware Public Archives. (Photo by: Deny Howeth)
The historical marker for Whites Chapel. (Photo by: Deny Howeth)
Howard and Shirley Millman pose with Sen. Ernie Lopez, R-Lewes, during the dedication of the marker. (Photo by: Deny Howeth)
Comments (1)
Posted by: Joan Deaver | Jul 05, 2014 12:59

Seen at all events, knows how to pose for the cameras, a bit of a show off, likes center stage, tall, dark and has a big smile, acts very friendly, Hispanic heritage but born in the USA, no accent, yells if behind a microphone as if addressing the entire nation, highly educated, trained to take public office,  has wife and children, a dog,  lives modestly in an older established community...open the newspaper and there he is...



If you wish to comment, please login.