If you are a golfer, you subject your spine to a lot of forces with every swing. If your biomechanics are off just a little bit, every swing could be damaging your low back.
Without mentioning the other parts of the body involved in the golf swing, if you’re a golfer, you will benefit from chiropractic for the following reasons:
- Better trunk range of motion. Chiropractic care helps improve the motion of stuck spinal segments, so if you have parts of your spine that don’t move very well, chiropractic care will help free up that normal range of motion.
- Stabilized trunk motion. Chiropractic adjustments help set the reset button on the muscles surrounding the spine, and allows them to make their tone normal and supportive again. Loose muscles tighten, and tight muscles loosen.
- Balanced pelvis and spine muscles. Putting the bones back in their place and getting them in a stable position will help balance out your whole body. This balance will give you more power and balance your spine from front to back.
- Reduced soft tissue swelling. Getting the spine moving well, helps flush away swelling that builds up in the soft tissue of the spine. This takes away pain, and allows you to have a fuller swing.
- Better motor control of the body during the swing. Getting everything in the spine to move better helps with neurological feedback to the rest of the brain and spinal cord. This gives you a better sense of balance and coordination. This neurological principle is known as proprioception.
Call us, we are here to help. We are the only chiropractic office in downtown Rehoboth Beach, De.
Become a fan of Results Chiropractic Center on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates, news, and special offers! And check out our blog link below: