Cape Gazette

Beach Paper Cover

Visiting the Cape region? The Beach Paper is the best FREE source for entertainment information about local dining, state parks, beach recreation, Delaware history, coastal weather and more at our vibrant array of east coast beaches! Look for a new issue every Thursday during the summer season and follow on facebook for event updates.

for another
great season!

See you next May!

Beach Beat Movie Review Beach Beat
Steppin Up To The Plate 19th Hole 19th Hole
Best Map of Lewes Best Map of Rehoboth Beach


Bethany Beach
Garfield Parkway and Pennsylvania Avenue
Open: TBA spring 2014

Fenwick Island
Coastal Highway and East Essex Street
Open: TBA spring 2014

North Bedford and Edward streets
Open: TBA spring 2014


110 Shipcarpenter St. (except June 22, July 13 and Aug. 3 when the market will take place at Richard A. Shields Elementary School parking lot, intersection of Savannah Road and Sussex Drive)
Open: TBA spring 2014

Long Neck
Long Neck Elementary School, School Lane, Millsboro
Open: TBA spring 2014


Cupola Park, off North Morris St.
Open: TBA spring 2014

Millville Town Hall, 36404 Clubhouse Road
Open: TBA spring 2014


Union and Magnolia Streets, across from library
Open: TBA spring 2014


Orchard Point
Rt. 13 north and DE 40, Bridgeville
Open: TBA spring 2014

Rehoboth Beach
Grove Park
Tuesdays, noon to 4 p.m. (through Open: TBA spring 2014

The Farmers' Market
at Sea Colony

Marketplace at Sea Colony Shopping Center, Route 1 South, Bethany Beach
Open: TBA spring 2014


Bethany Beach
» Parking meter rates
are 25 cents for 10 minutes or $1.50 per hour. Bethany uses a pay station for its meters. Simply leave your pay station receipt displayed on your dashboard (driver's side).

Dewey Beach
» Meters are in effect daily at selected sites. Parking permits are in effect through Sept. 15 as follows: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

» Permits are as follows: $200 for seasonal; $55 for weekly (any seven consecutive days); $10 for one day (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday); $15 for Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday); and $35 for weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

» Parking permits are sold at Town Hall from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday; select hours at the iDewey Visitor Center, New Orleans Street Bayside (see for details); at parking permit machines at Town Hall parking lot, 24 hours, seven days a week; and online at (fee may apply).

Fenwick Island
» Parking permits are required for all streets within the corporate limits of Fenwick Island though Sept. 15. Permits may be purchased at the Public Safety Building seven days a week during the summer season.

» Parking meters in the historic business district and in the 1812 Municipal Parking Lot are in effect 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Oct. 14. Parking in the business district is limited to a three-hour maximum through Oct. 14. Lewes Beach parking meters operate 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through Sept. 30.

Rehoboth Beach
» Parking meters are in effect through the second Sunday after Labor Day, from 10 a.m. to midnight. $1.50 per hour. No credit cards accepted at meters. City is using Park Mobile app. Go to for more information.

» Change machines are located at the Bandstand Pavilion on Rehoboth Avenue; First Street and Rehoboth Avenue; and at 306 Rehoboth Avenue. Change may also be obtained at the Parking Department at 30 ½ Lake Ave., behind City Hall.

» Permits are required daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in all nonmetered areas within the city. Permits are in effect through Labor Day. Permits are on sale at the Parking Meter Division, 30 ½ Lake Ave., behind City Hall; at check-in time at several local real estate offices; at Rehoboth Avenue coming into town after crossing the drawbridge; and Bayard Avenue coming into town after crossing over Silver Lake bridge. Permit fees are as follows: $175 for seasonal nontransferable ($88 after Aug. 1); $200 for seasonal nontransferable( $100 after Aug.1); $45 for weekly (eight consecutive days); $30 for three-day weekend (three consecutive days from Friday through Monday); $13 for weekend daily (one day only, Saturday or Sunday); and $8 weekday daily (one day only, Monday through Friday).

» Parking ticket payments may be mailed in the envelope provided or deposited in one of the courtesy drop boxes located throughout the city. Be sure to include the ticket number on the face of the check. Don't mail cash. For online payments go to Visa and Mastercard accepted.

Park and Ride
» Delaware Area Resort Transit (DART) offers a Park and Ride lot, located on Shuttle Road off Route 1. Park for $8, and up to four occupants of the vehicle receive a free daily pass. Buses are air-conditioned and equipped with wheelchair lifts. Buses shuttle to the outlets, Rehoboth and Dewey beaches, Lewes and Ocean City, Md. For information about schedules and routes go to or call 800-652-DART.



» Who needs to take a boating exam?
Anyone born on or after January 1, 1978

» Where can I take a Boating Safety Class?
Boating Safety Classes are offered throughout the State. Check the Boating Safety Calendar at for a list of classes scheduled. Course also offered online at or

» What must I have to use a public boat ramp?
If your boat is currently registered in Delaware you do not need to purchase a boat ramp certificate and have access to Division of Fish and Wildlife maintained boat ramps. If your boat is registered out of state you must purchase a boat ramp certificate. You may do so by completing a Boat Ramp Certificate Form at

» Who must wear a life jacket?
It is suggested that everyone wear a life jacket, but it is mandatory that all children 12 and under wear a life jacket. All vessels must have a life jacket for each person on board.

» What are the laws regarding alcohol use on Delaware waters?
The Division of Fish and Wildlife Office of Boating Education suggests no one consume alcohol while boating but if you chose to .08 is the maximum level of alcohol allowed by law. If you decide to consume alcohol do so responsibly.

» What is the minimum age for operating a jet ski?
You must be 16 years of age and successfully complete a Safe Boating Course.

» If I want to register my boat, where do I do it?
There are a few ways to register your boat in the State of Delaware. Find a form at and send it to: Division of Fish and Wildlife Office of Boat Registration, 89 Kings Highway, Dover, DE 19901, visit a Private Agent Location or visit the State Office of Boating Registration at 89 Kings Highway Dover, DE 19901.

» I lost my Boating Education card how can I get a replacement?
Call the Office of Boating Education at 302-739-9915 or you can submit your request by email to Be sure to include your name current address height, and weight.

» I would like a copy of your Boating Handbook, where can I get it?
Call the Office of Boating Education at 302-739-9915 to request a Boating Handbook or email

» I have already completed my Boating Safety course and would like to continue my education, where can I receive additional training?
There are several organizations that offer additional training classes. Visit these websites for additional information: or


Bethany Beach
Dogs are banned from the boardwalk and beach through Sept. 30. At other times, dogs must be on a leash.

Dewey Beach
Dogs are allowed on the beach year-round, but there are limitations during the summer - roughly Memorial Day to Labor Day, when they are prohibited from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Dogs don’t have to be leashed.

Fenwick Island
Dogs are not allowed on the beach from May 1 to Sept. 30. At other times, dogs must be leashed.

Dogs are allowed on the beach all year except May 1-Sept. 30. During that time, dogs are allowed before 8 a.m. or after 6:30 p.m. They must be on a leash.

Rehoboth Beach
Dogs are not allowed on the Boardwalk or the beach from May 1 to Sept. 30. During the off season, dogs are allowed but must be leashed.

State Parks
Dogs are prohibited from swimming or surfing beaches, but are allowed in areas designated for surf fishing vehicles.


» Before you fish, clam or crab
• Purchase a 2013 Delaware fishing license and keep it with you while fishing.

• Get a free 2013 FIN number (automatically generated with the purchase of an individual license) and keep it with you while fishing.

• If fishing for freshwater trout, get a 2013 trout stamp and affix it to your license.

» Fees
• Delaware's fishing license covers both fresh and tidal waters.
Residents, $8.50 whether fishing fresh or tidal waters; priced higher for nonresidents who will fish either fresh or salt water.

• Delaware license for both fresh and tidal waters is also valid for recreational crabbing and clamming. There are fees for charter boats and head boats, and an option for a recreational boat fishing license.

• The fee for an annual resident fishing license remains $8.50. The nonresident fee is $20 per year, while the seven-day tourist license is $12.50. Each of these license options entitles the holder to fish in any of Delaware's waters, as well crabbing and clamming. Licenses are good for the calendar year.

• The charter boat fee, for a vessel hired on a per-trip basis, will cost $150 annually for resident charter boat owners and $300 for nonresident owners. A head boat license, for a vessel hired on a per-person basis, will cost $300 annually for residents and $600 for nonresidents. Both the charter and head boat fishing licenses will cover the license holder as well as all persons fishing from the licensed vessel.

• Having a boat fishing license is an option that means anyone fishing on that boat will not need a separate fishing license. Boat owners can hold a boat fishing license that takes the place of a fishing license for everyone aboard his vessel. A resident who buys a boat fishing license also will be given a regular fishing license to use anywhere in the state. Nonresident holders of boat fishing licenses will need to purchase a nonresident fishing license to fish elsewhere in Delaware when not aboard their vessels.

• Residents and nonresidents are exempt from fishing license requirements if they are the operator of a vehicle with a valid Delaware surf fishing vehicle permit as long as the vehicle is located on a designated Delaware State Park surf fishing area. Normal licensing provisions will apply to other occupants of that vehicle if they are fishing.

• Children under the age of 16 and senior residents 65 and older are exempt from new licensing provisions.

• New licenses will be available at licensing agents statewide and at Jan. 1 of each year. For more information or to obtain a fishing license, call 302-739-9918.

Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover
Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover
Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover
Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover
Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover
Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover
Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover Beach Paper Cover
During the summer season millions of visitors come to the Delaware Cape Region to share the unique experience of beach life. To reach those potential customers you need a quality advertising product with a proven success record. The Beach Paper offers a qualified, experienced staff to help promote your products and services in the Cape Region market in order to achieve the results expected for your business. Beach Paper is distributed on Thursdays, May through October and found at over 400 locations throughout the Cape Region including locations in Bethany, Fenwick, and North Ocean City, MD.

For a variety of advertising options in the Beach Paper, call 302-645-7700.

Download PDF of Beach Paper Ad Rates