Contact Cape Gazette
17585 Nassau Commons Boulevard
Lewes, Delaware 19958 USA
Send mail to:
PO Box 213
Lewes, DE 19958
- Submit a Calendar Item
Please include event name, date, time, location and a contact number when submitting a calendar item and it helps to keep it brief.
- Inquire about Retail Advertising
Cape Gazette Media Kit PDF
Cape Gazette Ad Rates PDF
Beach Paper Ad Rates PDF
Senior Staff - 302-645-7700
- Publisher - Dennis Forney Ext. 303
- Editor - Trish Vernon Ext. 315
- Office Manager - Kathy Emery Ext. 305
- Sports Editor - Dave Frederick
- News Editor - Laura Ritter Ext. 320
- Associate Editor - Jen Ellingsworth Ext. 319
- Copy Editor - Bernadette Hearn Ext. 316
- Webmaster - Catherine M. Tanzer
- Production Coordinator - Norma Parks Ext. 309
News Team - 302-645-7700 - News Beats Listed
- Ron MacArthur - Ext. 318 - Sussex Council, DelDOT
- Ryan Mavity - Ext. 337 - Rehoboth Beach
- Nick Roth - Ext. 317 - Lewes
- Melissa Steele - Ext. 321 - School Board
- Chris Flood - Ext. 335 - Dewey Beach
- Molly MacMillan
- Susan Frederick
Classified/Yard Sale Advertising - 302-645-7700
Advertising - 302-645-7700
- General Sales Inquiries
- Chris Rausch - Sales Manager - Ext. 312
- Cindy Bowlin - Ext. 307
- Amanda Neafie - Ext. 306
- Andrew Thomas - Ext. 310
- Kathy McGinty - Ext. 311
- Teresa Rodriguez
- Kristin Sinnott
- Edwin Krumm
- Chris Foster - Photographs & IT
- Sherresha Powell
- Bob Yesbek
- Ext. 322-326
- Chris Antonio, Fitness
- Paul Barbano, Gardening
- Denise Clemons, Cape Flavors
- Don Flood, Commentary
- Lisa Graff, Retirement 101
- Nancy Katz, Around Town
- John McDonald, Wine
- Rob Rector, Movie Review
- Chris Wildt, Editorial Cartoon
- Bob Yesbek, The Business of Eating
- Fredman: Dave Frederick, People in Sports
- Chris Antonio, Ask The Trainer
- Tim Bamforth, Running
- Eric Burnley, Outdoors
- Fritz Schrank, Golf
- Joni Weber
- Scott Vickers
How to write and submit a press release:
• Do put the basic who, what, when and where information in the first paragraph
• Do follow up with why, to give the reader a reason to read further and be persuaded to attend your event or be interested in your organization
• Do conclude with cost, registration information and deadline, if applicable, and contact information such as a website, email or phone number
• Do include the names of all people in photographs, left to right and back row to front. The Cape Gazette does not publish photos of people who are clearly identifiable unless the photo caption includes all the names of the people in the picture; first and last names must be included, and include titles if applicable
• Do write release in third person (don’t use words like “I,” “you,” “our,” “we,” etc.)
• Do send text files in Microsoft Word or copy and paste in the body of an email
• Do not submit a release for an upcoming event more than six weeks before its date or registration deadline, if applicable; releases sent too early will be deleted
• Do not submit multiple copies of the same release; any new releases sent must contain additional newsworthy information
• Do not submit a flier, list, poster, etc. All press releases must be in narrative (paragraph) form
• Do not submit a photo via fax; photos must be sent as jpg or tiff attachments; send 72 dpi/4x6 size
• Do not submit photos as files embedded in text documents
• Do not format text documents: don’t use boldface, italics, colors, more than one column, etc.
• Do not send pdf documents
• Do not use web links in text
• Do not write in all capital letters; use sentence-case style
Email press releases to email@example.com. If there is a deadline or a time-sensitive event in your submission, please note it in the subject line. The deadline for Tuesday’s edition is 4 p.m. the previous Friday and for Friday’s edition, 4 p.m. Tuesday. Submission by deadline DOES NOT guarantee inclusion in the next published edition.
Copy and paste the appropriate form below into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and replace the blanks with your information. Editing verbiage and adding relevant information is welcome. Attach a photo in jpg format to be used. Please include a contact name and daytime phone number in case additional information is needed. Placement of announcements will be in the Cape Gazette’s Cape Life section at the editor’s discretion and as soon as space allows.
Mr. and Mrs. ___________________ (parents' names) of ___________________ (town) are pleased to announce the birth of her/his/their daughter/son, ___________________________. He/she was born at _____ a.m./p.m., ___________________ (day, date), at ___________________(hospital). ___________________ weighed _____ pounds and _____ ounces and was _____ inches long.
Mr. and Mrs. ___________________ of ___________________ (town) are pleased to announce the engagement of her/his/their daughter, ___________________________ of (town), to________________________, of (town), son of Mr. & Mrs. ________________________ of __________________ (town).
The bride-to-be is a____ (year) graduate of _____________________ (high school name, town and state), and a_____ (year) graduate of ________________________ (college name and town and state). She is employed as _________________(title) by ___________________ (name of company, town and state).
The groom-elect is a ______(year) graduate of _________________ (high school name, town and state), and a ________(year) graduate of (college name, town and state). He is employed as _____________ (title) by ______________________ (name of company, town and state)
A ________________(day, date, month or year) wedding is planned.
_________________________(bride's maiden name) and _______________ (groom's name) were united in marriage ____________ (day, date, year) in/at_______________(church, location, town). The ___________________________( pastor, priest, other) officiated at the_________(double, single) ring ceremony. The bride is the daughter of Mr.& Mrs. of ______________(town, state). The groom is the son of Mr. & Mrs.________________________, of _______________________________ (town, state).
The bride wore___________________________(brief description of gown). Her bouquet consisted of____________(brief description). Maid of Honor was_______________, of (relationship to bride/groom, town, state). Bridesmaids were_______________________, of (relationship to bride/groom, town, state for each). Best man was_____________________, of (relationship to the groom/bride, town, state). Ushers were__________________, of (relationship to groom/bride, town, state). A reception was held following the ceremony at _______________ (location, town, state).
The bride is a____ (year) graduate of _____________________ (high school name, town and state), and a_____ (year) graduate of ________________________ (college name and town and state). She is employed as _________________(title) by ___________________ (name of company, town and state).
The groom is a ______(year) graduate of_________________ (high school name, town and state), and a ________(year) graduate of (college name, town and state). He is employed as _____________ (title) by ______________________(name of company, town and state)
The couple took a wedding trip to_________________________.
Following the wedding, the couple reside in_________________ (town, state).